Social Media Policy
Whether discussing the story behind an image or solving history mysteries, there are always fascinating discussions happening on social media. Join the conversation to tell your story. This policy outlines our policy for the use and reuse of content tagged with the hash tags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL and #myNThistory. By using these hash tags you are agreeing the terms of this policy.
The Northern Territory Library participates in social media channel and encourages you to join the conversation to tell your story. This Social Media Policy outlines our policies for the use and reuse of social media content in connection with our Digital Services including but not limited to our website ntl.nt.gov.au, Territory Stories, LibrariesNT, the Knowledge Exchange, the Northern Territory Library email lists and newsletters, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The term “Content” in this context means materials that are the subject of your posts to any social media channel including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, (including any photograph(s), video(s) and accompanying text forming part of this post, including your username. In order to agree to this policy you must be 18 years of age or older and have the legal right to agree to this policy and to grant any and all rights to your Content.
You understand and agree that your Content may be publicly displayed and will not be treated in confidence. In fact, many people from around the world will be able to view your Content. By using the hashtags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL and #myNThistory you provide the Northern Territory Library with the right to use and share your Content on Digital Services including but not limited to our website ntl.nt.gov.au, Territory Stories, LibrariesNT, the Knowledge Exchange and as well as in all of its social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
4. Northern Territory Library’s Rights to User Generated Content
By using the hashtags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL and #myNThistory, you agree to grant Northern Territory Library and affiliate agents a perpetual, transferable, non- exclusive, worldwide licence to a) use, copy, transmit, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, adapt, combine with other ideas or works, publish, translate, communicate to the public, publicly perform, publicly broadcast, and publicly display and collect your Content (or any modification thereto) in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed, without royalty, and b) use (and permit others to use) your Content in any manner and for any purpose, including and without limitations, commercial or promotional purposes that Northern Territory Library or their affiliate agents deem appropriate.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your Content. Northern Territory Library is under no obligation to use your Content in any manner, and is not required to host, display, or distribute any Content on or through their Digital Services and may remove Content at any time or refuse Content for any reason. Northern Territory Library is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse or damage of any kind to your Content.
You agree to release and allow all creative license and creative treatment in the use and production of your Content at the discretion of Northern Territory Library and its affiliate agents.
You irrevocably consent to all possible uses by Northern Territory Library (including adaptation, reproduction, editing, alteration, addition to and/or deletion from, rearrangement, transposition, translation, collection) and exploitation of the Content, and you agree not to enforce, and otherwise waive to the fullest extent legally possible, any moral rights that you may have now or in the future in respect of such Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in consideration for your grant of the licence set out in these Terms and Conditions, Northern Territory Library agrees that it will attribute you as the creator of your Content.
By using hashtags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL and #myNThistory, you represent and warrant that:
You are at least 18 years of age, have the legal right to enter into this agreement and are not impersonating anyone else.
- You own all rights in and to your Content including without limitation, all rights to the audio, video and or digital recording and performance contained in your Content (if any) and/or you have acquired all necessary rights to the elements appearing in your Content to enable you to grant the same rights to Northern Territory Library as described herein.
- Your Content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trade mark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party individual or entity.
- Your Content is not in any way offensive, defamatory, obscene, unlawful, vulgar, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing or objectionable.
- Any information contained in your Content is not known to you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Your Content does not violate any law.
- Your Content does not incorporate materials from a third party website, copyright protected materials owned by a party other than you, or personally information about anyone other than yourself.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for your Content.
- You will not be compensated in any way by Northern Territory Library for the use of your Content.
- You agree to irrevocably release and forever discharge Northern Territory Library and its affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third party providers from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against Northern Territory Library and affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third party providers or their respecting successor without limitation resulting from the use of your Content or anything contained therein by Northern Territory Library.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Northern Territory Library and its affiliate agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including a reasonable amount of attorney’s fees) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from your breach of this policy, or from any warranty provided by you proving to be false. Northern Territory Library reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you agree to cooperate with Northern Territory Library’s defense of such claims.