Public WiFi - Standard Terms and Conditions of Use
All users must read, agree with and accept these Terms before using the Service.
If you do not agree to comply with the Terms, you will not be able to access the Service.
Northern Territory Library may change these Terms from time-to-time without notice. You should carefully review these Terms each time You use the Service.
- In these Terms:
- ‘Home Page’ means the Home Page ntl.nt.gov.au and pages linked to from the Home Page;
- ‘Service’ means the wireless Internet network operated by Northern Territory Library for the public at [insert location of Wi-Fi service];
- ‘Terms’ means these Standard Terms and Conditions of Use;
- ‘Northern Territory Library’ means the Northern Territory Library being a division of the Northern Territory Department of Tourism and Culture in connection with the supply of the Service; and
- ‘You’ or ‘Your’ means the person accepting these Terms and any person who accesses the Service including any authorised users of the Service.
2. Access to the Service is at no charge to you.
3. Access to the Service may be limited by either download limit (megabytes per day per device) and/or time (minutes per day per device).
4. Northern Territory Library does not provide any warranties that the Service is delay free, undisrupted, secure, fault-free, continuous or free from malicious software such as computer viruses.
5. Northern Territory Library reserves the right to include advertising by third parties on the Home Page and/or on the Service.
6. By accepting these Terms You acknowledge that:
a) the Service provides unencrypted wireless access to the Internet;
b) You are solely responsible for the security of Your system and any transmissions You make or receive while using the Service; and
c) there are risks associated with unencrypted access to the Internet and that You will take any necessary security precautions, including but not limited to, encrypting confidential transmissions, backing up any data and protecting their system with a firewall and robust user authentication.
7. Some or all of the material including third-party material on the Home Page or accessible through the Service are protected by and subject to intellectual property laws. Unauthorised use of this material may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
8. Northern Territory Library does not endorse or approve any content in any third-party website available through the Home Page or the Service.
9. Northern Territory Library accepts no responsibility for any actions, interactions and/or transactions between You and third-parties through the Service.
10. You acknowledge and agree that You will not use the Service in any manner which:
a) introduces any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
b) breaks any law or infringes another person’s rights;
c) exposes the Northern Territory Library or its suppliers to liability;
d) in any way damages, interferes with or interrupts the Service, or any telecommunications network, equipment, or facilities required to supply the Service;
e) in any way damages any property or injures or kills any person;
f) transmits, publishes or communicates material which is defamatory, offensive, abusive, indecent, menacing or unwanted;
g) involves any attempt to access any data or system which You are not authorised to access;
h) transmits “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming”, or “spamming”; or
i) involves any attempt to re-sell the Service to a third-party.
11. The Northern Territory Library reserves an absolute and sole discretion to limit or block any website and/or content and to request that You stop doing anything that breaches an obligation in these Terms.
12. You acknowledge that the Northern Territory Library may be required by law to intercept communications over the Service and may also monitor Your use of the Service and communications using the Service.
13. Northern Territory Library may collect anonymous data identifying different sessions of browsing, different devices and the websites viewed while using the Service. Northern Territory Library will not collect any information from which Your identity will be identifiable.
14. You agree that Northern Territory Library is not required to make any Internet services available, and may revoke or limit Your access to the Service at any time, for any reason or no reason with or without notice including (without limitation) if You are in breach of these Terms or Northern Territory Library reasonably believes that there is a risk of loss or damage to the Northern Territory Library or a third-party if Northern Territory Library does not revoke or limit Your access.
15. You agree that You are responsible for providing Your own computer or mobile device capable of accessing the Service. Northern Territory Library is not responsible for providing power or information technology support.
16. Access to the Service is provided without any warranties, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, except where prohibited by law, Northern Territory Library is not liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages including without limitation, lost profit or revenue, costs of replacement goods or loss or damage to data arising out of or related to Your access (or non-access) to the Service.
17. You agree to indemnify Northern Territory Library for any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses), damage, claims, liabilities, costs and proceedings that Northern Territory Library may incur or suffer as a result of any breach of these Terms by You or Your act or omission in connection with the use of the Service.
18. These terms are governed by the law of Northern Territory, Australia and You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
19. Any invalid or unenforceable terms or conditions in these Terms are to be read down or severed, where practicable, so as to avoid the invalidity or unenforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.