- Entries to all categories of the 2021 Northern Territory Literary Awards will open Monday 29 March 2021 and close at midnight on Monday 31 May 2021
- The online entry must be completed by this time and date. Entries received after this time and date will not be accepted.
- Submissions will be processed electronically.
- Receipt of entry will be via email through the Submittable system. Please allow seven days to receive this acknowledgement.
- Shortlisted entrants will be notified via email. Winners will be notified via email in September 2021.
- Entries in all categories except poetry must be formatted at one point five (1.5) line spacing and a minimum of 12-point font size, saved as a Microsoft Word or Text document.
- Entrants may submit up to five entries in the following categories: Theatre, Creative Non-Fiction, Essay, and Short Story. No more than three entries can be submitted to the following categories: Flash Fiction and Poetry. Youth category entrants may submit up to three poetry entries or one short story.
- No single work can be entered into multiple categories.
- Feedback will not be provided to applicants.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decisions.
- Judging is completely anonymous. To ensure anonymity, only the title of the work should appear on the entry submission. The author’s name or other identifying marks must not appear on the entry.
- Word counts will be strictly adhered to and entries exceeding word counts will be invalid. Footnotes are not included in the word count.
- Library & Archives NT reserves the right not to award a prize.
- Shortlisted and winning works will be published in the 2021 edition of the Northern Territory Literary Awards publication available for free in print and online. For previous publications, visit: http://ntl.nt.gov.au/northern-territory-literary-awards-past-winners
- Library & Archives NT reserves the first publication rights and non-exclusive licence of shortlisted and winning works, including online publication.
- Shortlisted and winning entries may, at the discretion of Library & Archives NT, be withheld from publication. In this instance, all publication rights revert to the author.
- Authorship of shortlisted and winning works will be fully acknowledged in the Northern Territory Literary Awards 2021 print and online publications and in all related material.
- Scripts submitted in the Theatre category are not published as part of the publication.
- Library & Archives NT will not make any unreasonable changes to works without first seeking permission of the author.
- Entrants must reside in Northern Territory, Australia at the time of submission.
- Entrants must be 18 years or under as of 1 January 2021 to enter in the Kath Manzie Youth Award and parental or guardian permission is required. The consenting guardian is then bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Current Library & Archives NT staff are prohibited from entering.
- Works previously entered into the Award but not shortlisted in past Northern Territory Literary Awards may be re-entered.
- Scripts are not to have been previously produced. Production scheduled after the winner announced is permitted.
- Works may be entered on behalf of an author but the author's permission must be obtained before entering.
- Works must not have been published previously in any other format with the exception of blog entries in the Flash Fiction category.
- Writers retain individual copyright over their entries.
- Finalists and winners may be required to take part in events and media activities.
Download a copy of the 2021 Northern Territory Literary Awards Terms and Conditions