NTL Inappropriate Materials on the Internet Guideline
This guideline applies to use of the internet at the Northern Territory Library or on WiFi Services provided by the Northern Territory Library.
In this guideline:
- ‘Northern Territory Library’ means the Northern Territory Library being a division of the Northern Territory Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture in connection with the supply of the Service; and
- ‘You’ or ‘Your’ means the person accepting these Terms and any person who accesses the internet on their own device using WIFI provided by the Northern Territory Library or devices owned by the Northern Territory Library including any authorised user.
- Inappropriate material includes documents, images, audio, video or games which
- Contain sexually explicit, violent images or bad language
- Is likely to demean or offend on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, or other personal attributes
- Promotes activity that is illegal in Australia
- Is harassing, intimidating, offensive, or otherwise has potential to give rise to civil or criminal liability
2. You may not intentionally access, display, or advertise in appropriate material from internet sites in the library, or using services provided by the Northern Territory Library using computers provided by the Northern Territory Library or Your own computer, phone or tablet.
3. You may not print any inappropriate material from internet sites.
4. If You are in breach of these Terms or Northern Territory Library reasonably believes You to be in breach of these guidelines, the Northern Territory Library reserves an absolute and sole discretion to limit or block any website and/or content and to request that You stop doing anything that breaches an obligation in these Terms including:
- Insist You exit from an inappropriate website immediately
- Switch off the computer, phone or tablet showing an in appropriate website
- Not allow You to print out any inappropriate material
- Take away any printed copies of in appropriate material found anywhere within the library
- Ask You to leave the library or WiFi hotspot location
|You can contact us by:|
|Post: GPO Box 42 Darwin 0801|
|Telephone: (08) 8999 7177|
|Contact us by email|