Northern Territory Library User Generated Content Guideline
Whether discussing the story behind an image or solving history mysteries, there are always fascinating discussions happening on social media. Join the conversation to tell your story. These are out guidelines for the use and reuse of content tagged with the hash tags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL and #myNThistory. By using these hash tags you are agreeing the terms of this guideline.
The Northern Territory Library participates in social media channel and encourages you to join the conversation to tell your story. This User Generated Content Guideline outlines our guidelines for the use and reuse of Content in connection with our Digital Services including on our website ntl.nt.gov.au, Territory Stories, LibrariesNT, the Knowledge Exchange, the Northern Territory Library email lists and newsletters, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
“Content” means materials that are part of your posts to any social media channel including on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. This may include photographs, videos and any text that is part of your post including your username.
2.0 Use of Content
You understand and agree that if you use the hashtags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL, #myNThistory and #EducationNTL, Northern Territory Library may publicly display your Content including to people outside of Australia. By using the hashtags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL,#myNThistory and #EducationNTL you agree to allow the Northern Territory Library to use and share the hashtagged Content on its Digital Services (as listed above).
Unless you contact the Northern Territory Library to make other arrangements in relation to your Content you agree that once your Content is collected by Northern Territory Library it may be added to the Northern Territory Library collection and a Creative Commons Attribution licence (CC-BY) may be applied to your content.
3.0 Northern Territory Library’s Rights to User Generated Content
By using the hashtags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL, #myNThistory and #EducationNTL, you grant to Northern Territory Library a royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide, non-exclusive licence (including a right to sub-licence) to use, copy, modify, remix, build upon, create derivative works from, reproduce, distribute, communicate and exploit your Content in any manner and for any purpose, including commercial or promotional purposes that Northern Territory Library considers appropriate.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your Content. Northern Territory Library is under no obligation to use your Content in any manner, and is not required to host, display, or distribute any of your Content on or through their Digital Services. Northern Territory Library may remove Content at any time or refuse Content for any reason. Northern Territory Library is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse or damage of any kind to your Content. You agree to release and allow all creative licence and creative treatment in the use and production of your Content at the discretion of Northern Territory Library. You consent to all possible uses of your Content by Northern Territory Library (including adaptation, reproduction, editing, alteration, addition to and/or deletion from, rearrangement, transposition, translation, collection) and exploitation of the Content, and you agree not to enforce, and otherwise fully waive, any moral rights that you may have now or in the future in relation to your Content.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in exchange for your grant of the licence set out in this guideline, Northern Territory Library agrees that it will attribute you as creator of your Content. By using hashtags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL, #myNThistory, and #EducationNTL you confirm that:
- You are at least 18 years of age and are the legal owner of your Content.
- You own all rights in and to your Content and are able to grant the licence rights to Northern Territory Library as described in this guideline.
- Your Content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trade mark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
- Your Content is not in any way offensive, defamatory, obscene, unlawful, vulgar, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing or objectionable.
- You do not know of any information contained in your Content that is false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Your Content does not violate any law.
- Your Content does not incorporate materials from a third party website, copyright protected materials owned by a party other than you, or personal information about anyone other than yourself.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for your Content.
- You will not be compensated in any way by Northern Territory Library for the use of your Content.
- You agree to irrevocably release and forever discharge Northern Territory Library from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, against Northern Territory Library resulting from the use of your Content or anything contained in your Content by Northern Territory Library.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Northern Territory Library and its affiliate agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including a reasonable amount of attorney’s fees) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from your breach of this guideline, or from any warranty provided by you proving to be false.
6.0 How to contact us
|You can contact us by:|
|Post: GPO Box 42 Darwin 0801|
|Telephone: (08) 8999 7177|
|Facsimile: (08) 8999 6927|
7.0 Related documents and legislation
Download a pdf version of this guideline