Terms and Conditions of use of eResources
These terms and conditions apply to the use of eResources provided under Territory-wide licensing agreements at the Library & Archives NT premises, at Northern Territory Public Libraries, or outside the libraries using Public Library membership.
- ‘Library & Archives NT’ means Library & Archives NT being a branch of the Northern Territory Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities in connection with the supply of eResources;
- ‘eResources’ means databases and digital books and journals licenced by Library & Archives NT.
- ‘You’ or ‘Your’ means the person accepting these Terms and any person who accesses eResources including any authorised users of the eResources service.
eResources are available for use by all visitors to Library & Archives NT premises. A selection of eResources are available for all Northern Territory Public Library members under a Territory-wide licensing agreement to access from their local library or outside the local library (e.g. from home).
You will need Your public library membership card to login and access these from outside Your local library. If You are not a member of a Northern Territory Public Llbrary, contact Your local library and enquire how to join
- Use of eResources is governed by licence agreements between the publishers and the Library, and You are required to comply with the terms and conditions of the licences.
- Use of databases must be for private research and study purposes only – You may not use eResources for business, commercial or work-related purposes.
- Where no statement restricting copying is evident, You should assume that, as a minimum requirement, You are obliged to comply with the Australian Copyright Act. Information on copyright is available on the Library & Archives NT website and from the Australian Copyright Council.
- You must be a member of a Northern Territory Public Library to use eResources outside Library & Archives NT premises. You must not share Your registration details with anyone – access is not transferable to others.
- If You are a Student You must be a member of a Northern Territory Public Library to use the eResources at home. Schools may not place links to the eResources on school websites for students to use.
- Where Library & Archives NT has reasonable grounds to suspect that You have either breached these terms and conditions, or the terms and conditions of third-party information providers, Library & Archives NT will disclose information to those relevant third parties.
- Library & Archives NT reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
|You can contact us by:|
|Post: GPO Box 42 Darwin 0801|
|Telephone: (08) 8999 7177|
|Contact us by email|